Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Serendipity.

First, let me start out by saying that my parents divorced when I was 2, and I don't know my father. My only paternal uncle died in '83 of kidney failure.

From my paternal grandparents, I knew that I had two other cousins from that side of the family, somewhere. Just didn't know where. But I remembered their names.

So I Googled them -- in this day and age, why not? I didn't find the older one, but I found the younger one, who is heading toward pharmacy school (a woman after my own heart!!). I read her website. But I didn't write.

So imagine my surprise when, last night, I got an email from Megan, the same cousin I found over Google! She'd found me a while back but didn't have the guts to write (guilty, myself!) until her husband egged her on. Both of us have lost touch with our fathers' family, so it's weird... and cool... to have this sort of connection again.

Of course, I emailed her back immediately. But what a fabulous surprise!

No comments: