Sunday, May 15, 2005

my jeopardy top 10

Time for me to try a little experiment. If I share a top 10 list, will my friends/family/fans/enemies also add a few of their top 10 lists on the "comments" section? (HINT!!! HINT!!!)

In any case, this will be one of a series. Hearkening back to Douglas Coupland's Microserfs, some friends and I chatted with each other about... if you were on Jeopardy, what would your fantasy categories be, ranging from the sublime to the insane?

It's also interesting to hear your friends answer this question for you. Bruce, who has always compared every area to his hometown (generally with ill-favor), would have the fantasy category "Everything except Port Washington sucks because..." (He's a wee bit obsessed with his hometown.)

Without further ado, here's my top ten fantasy Jeopardy categories. (Yeah. I know you only get 6 on the real show. So sue me.)

1. Organic chemistry reaction mechanisms
2. Music theory
3. Amusing and obscure ways to injure oneself (trust me on this one)
4. Why you shouldn't go to grad school (I dropped out fourth year)
5. Progressive metal bands
6. The worst puns in the world (again, trust me -- or anyone around me -- on this one)
7. Things you'll find in a gourmet market
8. Obscure pop culture trivia (without even trying)
9. How not to avoid a hair-coloring accident
10. How to max out your dental insurance in 5 months

So! That's what I've come up with for myself. Do you have a top ten (or three, or five) list? Does anyone have any other categories they'd suggest for me??? (evil grin) Comment!!!

1 comment:

Heidi Gildersleeve said...

hmm... I should at least give this a try.

16) ways to make a remarkably good meal with what you have in the house/fridge after not shopping for weeks.

17) techniques for shamelss flirtation

18) why you should jump on every park bench and drink from every fountain

19) how not to: get married, go to church, or move to the midwest