Saturday, December 31, 2005

misfortune cookies

My family loves gags, practical jokes, etc. Since we spent this Christmas with my CaliFamily, and I found a timely recipe for fortune cookies, I thought it appropriate to make some "misfortune cookies" for them.

Unfortunately the cookie recipe ended up bland. (British book -- there ya go.) But I had fun coming up with fortunes such as

You will lose 10 pounds overnight.
Good fortune will find you in 2004. (of course, too late)
This cookie was inspected by Homeland Security.
I am Fortune W. Cookie, and I approve this message.

Y'know, silly things like that. I think I had 12 total. Additionally, I had some paste food coloring (which may have altered the taste as well, but I couldn't find dry food color) and dyed half bright red and half bright green.

Some of my family really got into them. Unfortunately there were a few who were caught up in other things and didn't seem to pay attention. But, the few people I had breaking open cookie after cookie -- not to eat, mind you, but to read the fortune -- made it worth it.

No comments: