Monday, June 30, 2008

first trip downtown

Sunday was our first trip to downtown Copenhagen. Of course, we want to share our pictures! We walked to the National Museum, which is free to visit.


Looking down Sankt Jorgens So towards the Tycho Brahe Planetarium (the chopped off building at the end). Several bridges cross small lakes ("so" = lake) into the true downtown.











Christiansborg Palace -- the bridge in front of. We didn't visit the palace, but it was a convenient picture, because it was across the street from the National Museum.









Bruce thought he was being silly with his picture taking. (insert eye roll) He was taking a picture of me looking at the map while under the "national museum this way" sign, trying to be funny. I was really trying to identify all of the neighboring buildings... I knew how to get to the national museum!!














Niels Juel = Danish war hero. Perhaps a long-lost relative of mine? Defeated the Swedish navy, and my father has always claimed that we are Swedish... no wonder I've always been so self-defeating. It's in my blood, I guess.
















I don't remember a thing about this building, other than -- it's a cool looking building with a cool looking gate. :)








And that's it for now! 'Til later...

No comments: