Thursday, June 19, 2008

Photo Practice

Since I'm going to be using this site to post photos, I should figure out how in the heck it works, eh? So, I figure, why not practice by posting a few shots from last summer's visit to the in-laws'.

To the left is Xena. She belongs to my brother-in-law and his wife, who live in a little town on the border of NY and NJ. Cats have a tough life. All the sleeping and eating... but someone's gotta do it, y'know.









An Asian restaurant also not too far from Gavin and Eileen (and Xena!). However, the choice of name leaves much to be desired, don'tcha think? "Hey, you guys want to go eat at Yukhi tonight?" "Sure, let's have some Yukhi food!"









Since NYC is in Bruce's hometown backyard, we don't take too many shots anymore. However, we strolled Roosevelt Island (I had never been), and here is a picture of a bridge connecting the island to Queens, across the East River.










In this picture, we've just gotten on the overhead cable car to
take us over to Roosevelt Island. It runs parallel to the Queensboro Bridge. There is the temptation to spit into open sunroofs as you cross. (No, I would never do that. But someone with less tact might.) Sways back and forth a bit -- a real E-ticket ride.













And my next set of posted pictures will be from the other side of the pond!!!

No comments: