Friday, March 18, 2005

100 Things About Me... un

Some time ago in blogland, there was a "100 facts about me" project. I think it's pretty cool, and maybe insightful for those of you who think you know me well. Besides, what better to do on a Friday night when I'm infected and can't talk?

I'll do this in four installments of 25. I think. Let's see where the muses lead me... in no particular order.

About Brooke... 1-25
*******************
1. I don't much like the colors orange and red, but I love wearing them... and several rooms in my house have been painted or will be painted variations of those colors.
2. I would make an awful parent, therefore I have no desire to have kids. And I secretly seethe at people who say "Wow, why would someone NOT want kids?"
3. I was among the first picked for every (singing) solo in elementary school Christmas pageants.
4. I love to cook, but always pass off jalapeno chopping to someone *not* wearing contacts. That oil goes everywhere.
5. If I were young enough to be on American Idol, I'd be trying out, baby.
6. I never thought I'd be able to leave my home state (CA). Now, I have a hard time going back for visits.
7. I don't believe in political parties. I think the two main parties are all about name-calling and finger-pointing, thus I refuse to associate. I'm probably closest to libertarian these days, but I hate that politics is all a game of "us" vs. "them".
8. I only remember having met two famous people, ever: a. in the 80's, my family ran into Lee Greenwood (country singer) in a cafe while on a roadtrip, and b. I met Oakland A's center fielder Dave Henderson back in the 90's.
9. I wasn't really encouraged to exercise as a child and weighed over 200 pounds at age 15. I lost 80+ pounds shortly thereafter. I haven't stayed that light into adulthood, but I've *never* been as big as I was then.
10. I'd rather meet a Food Network personality than a sports star or another TV celebrity.
11. I've colored my hair far too many times to count. It's slowly going back to natural, when I'm sure I'll color it again.
12. In high school, I was one of the few girls *not* in love with New Kids on the Block.
13. I've been to New England 5-6 times, but I've never been to Boston (other than passing through Logan Airport).
14. Organic chemistry was my favorite course in college. Then, I taught it for a few years.
15. Bruce proposed to me having known me a month. Much to my shock, it only took me two more months to say yes.
16. My ideal weather is 60's and overcast.
17. I'm ashamed to drive an SUV. I always find myself apologizing to people and making excuses for it (it gets better mileage than most trucks).
18. My then-fiance and I rode the internet rollercoaster with Silicon Valley jobs. Those were the best of times.
19. I have over 200 pages of a semi-autobiographical, self-discovery novel written. Haven't touched it since my move to Seattle.
20. My favorite cheese is Castello Blue.
21. I could drink mango mojitos for hours.
22. But the sad truth -- have I truly reached adulthood when I say that I like virgin spicy bloody marys as much as the real deal?
23. Black coffee, straight up, most days.
24. I'm a semi-closet prog rock geek. (Well. Not so "closet" anymore.) I used to own every Rush album (damn you car/CD thief!), and half of my CD shelf contains bands people haven't heard of.
25. I have a brown thumb. I claimed huge success when my crocuses (croci? Croce?) actually popped up this year!

Next installment later... g'nite, folks!

1 comment:

Mad Housewife said...

Red likes Rush too...And about 50 different bands from 10 different genres. Someone commented to me that I had 'eclectic' taste. Geez, doesn't everybody?