Sunday, March 20, 2005

100 Things... un, deux, trois

Now, back to my list. Lessee, what haven't I covered...

51. I was raised in a very different family. After my parents split, my mom and I stayed with my grandparents for a while. Thus, I view my grandparents as parental figures, as well... which makes it difficult as they deal with chronic, potentially terminal illness.
52. I think I'm one of the few in my family not to own a shotgun.
53. But despite my less-redneck ways, I love to share raunchy jokes with 'em.
54. My cousin David and I built a treehouse when I was 10 and he was 8. We loved hanging out up there. Our grandfather was so concerned for our safety, which I didn't understand then, but I do understand now.
55. For a few years in grad school, I ate almost entirely vegetarian. Then I realized that sausage is too yummy.
56. I want to live in London and/or Vienna for a year. Each.
57. I live in jeans and sweaters.
58. I don't have much of a sense of whimsy, in contrast to Bruce.
59. A dash of crushed red pepper flakes makes lots of things taste better. I just made peanut brittle with a dash of cayenne.
60. If I can't pay off my credit card bill every month, I don't buy it.
61. My hair was nearly straight until I was 25. Then, it turned wavy and has stayed that way since.
62. I have a bit of a fear of heights.
63. I can't stand gelatin or anything remotely with a gelatin flavor.
64. Sadly, I think the big chains make better cappucinos and lattes than the little mom and pop places, much though I'd love to support the small businesses.
65. I just asked Bruce for his thoughts on this list. He says... really cute, gorgeous eyes, dimple... he's no help. :P
66. I'm just a hair on the "extrovert" side on the "extrovert-introvert" continuum.
67. I own several 80's hair band CDs and I'm not ashamed to say it.
68. I chose all the "wrong" internet companies to work for, in terms of financial success. At least one of them was a fun time.
69. I graduated college when I was still 20.
70. I love touring factories and seeing how things work.
71. I'm not fluent in any language except English, but I know a smattering of Spanish, French, Italian, and Greek from travels. But it's fun to impress people by tossing phrases around in multiple languages, making them think I can speak them all.
72. I'd love to burn Bruce's copy of Oops I Did It Again... but I'm nicer than that.
73. The puns just slip out of my mouth. I don't plan them, it just happens. And I apologize in advance.
74. I don't seem to have the patience, these days, to read a novel.
75. I want Vern Yip to redesign my downstairs room into a rustic cabin feel, complete with maple paneling.

That's it for now, folks!

No comments: