Monday, March 21, 2005

Quatre -- the last of 100 things

This might take some thought... the well's running slightly dry. But here goes...

76. I've performed on two semi-major performance stages over the past 4 years (one in CA, one up here in Bellevue).
77. I hate filing. My receipts and stubs often end up, sadly, in piles.
78. I love animals, but a plant is enough responsibility for me right now.
79. I tend to have closer male friends than female friends.
80. Former students told me I remind them of Rachael Ray -- not so much in looks, but the way I teach my classes.
81. I strongly dislike fake, placating people.
82. I've seen every single episode of ER. Yes, they all blur together after 10 years.
83. I write goofy work-related parodies of well-known songs...
84. ... and I printed out sheet music for my organic chemistry students with reactions put to well-known tunes.
85. I have no idea what my lot in life is, career-wise, and I'm hanging out at this "safe" job until I figure something out.
86. I am one of the few people in my family not named after another family member. My Anglophile parents flipped through a baby name book and pulled out Brooke Erin. I'm pretty happy with it.
87. If it weren't for the crowds, Christmas shopping would be one of my favorite activities. I get such a thrill out of hunting down and finding the perfect gift for everyone.
88. I could spend a mint in Crate and Barrel and Williams-Sonoma.
89. When I was 19, I tore a ligament and 3 pieces of cartilage in my left knee. I've since run three marathons on that knee and rarely have problems.
90. I play tons of jazz, but my mind often wanders too much to listen to it (I swear I have Adult ADD).
91. Until I met Bruce, I didn't think there was any person in the world with whom I'd be willing to share my deepest, darkest secrets. Happily, I was wrong.
92. I like watching the olympics for the sports and competition, but they're often too Americentric for me to watch for more than a few minutes.
93. I am a spelling Nazi. I seethe inwardly at misspelled words.
94. I crave change and new challenges.
95. I fancy myself a better cook than baker; still, I get requests for my baked goods.
96. I love learning, but I don't have the patience to sit in a classroom anymore -- besides, having been a teacher, I'm aware of the general crap teaching quality out there.
97. I didn't get chicken pox until I was 20 -- broke out the morning I took the GRE.
98. I rarely sunburn. But when I do, it's bad.
99. When I was a kid, I wanted to be either a newscaster or a weathercaster. All the other girls wanted to be cheerleaders.
100. While I find some celebrities attractive, I don't lust after them. But LL Cool J has a fabulous smile. :)

And there's 100! I'm sure more will trickle in later...

No comments: