Wednesday, March 16, 2005

cheesecake is awesome

One of the wonders in life is cheesecake -- the perfect blend of creamy, sweet but not too sweet, and the sour of citrus with the ever-so-slight sour of the cheese. Of course, the best in the world contain far too many calories than I want to know.

I love cooking, and I'm a scientist-geek -- so I'm often surfing the web for recipes. Frequently I'll look for healthier knock-offs of things I really love. Or just plain ol' experimentation. Not too long ago, I found something that's almost a magic cheesecake substitute, that's FAT FREE.

Now, it doesn't quite have the same creamy mouthfeel, but the flavor is THERE. I'm a berry freak, and I love to dollop/mix with berries, fresh or frozen.

Here's whatcha gotta do:
Mix one regular size package fat free/sugar free white chocolate jello pudding with 16 oz fat free sour cream. Mix well, since the pudding mix tends to clump. Add a few drops of lemon or jime juice (the latter makes it taste a bit more key lime pie) to taste.

And that's it!

Yeah, it's weird. And I was suspicious, too. But it does work, would you believe!

The texture is a little bit gelatinous to me (and I HATE gelatin with a passion) so I probably wouldn't eat it straight, but mmmmmm... with berries..... :D

No comments: